در ایالات متحده امریکا, there are laws about transgender discrimination in housing and at work. Trans people cannot be fired, refused employment, or turned away from housing because they are trans. Learn about transgender safety and rights at work and in housing. Find out where to get legal advice and help.
Specific transgender rights are different in each state. But there are some laws about transgender discrimination that are the same all over the USA.
Transgender discrimination at work
You cannot be harassed at work by your staff or other workers. مثلا:
- People cannot make jokes or mean comments about trans people.
- People cannot use the wrong name or pronouns on purpose.
- People cannot ask rude questions about your body or gender.
You cannot be questioned or fired at work. مثلا:
- Your boss cannot question your gender.
- Your boss cannot fire you because of you are transgender.
- Your boss cannot refuse to promote you because you are transgender.
You cannot be turned away from the bathroom. مثلا:
- Your workplace has to let you use the bathroom you choose.
- Your workplace may not ask for documents proving your gender to let you use the bathroom.
اطلاعات بیشتر در مورد trans rights at work. If someone is discriminating against you, make sure to write it down and tell someone what is going on. اطلاعات بیشتر در مورد what you can do if this happens.
Transgender discrimination in housing
در حال حاضر, 20 states and the District of Columbia support laws that stop transgender discrimination. اگر شما اجاره و یا خرید ملک در آن کشورها:
- مردم نمی توانند درباره جنسیت یا تمایلات جنسی شما سوال کنند.
- People cannot turn you away because you are transgender.
- People cannot force you to leave because you are transgender. اگر شما اجاره نامه یا قرارداد دارید, it is legal for you to sta.
If you need to stay at a homeless shelter:
- People might ask your gender because men and women can be in separate rooms. You have the right to tell them whichever gender you identify as.
- People cannot ask for medical proof of your gender.
Trans people have been forced out of their homes and turned away from homeless shelters. One of every five transgender people is homeless sometime in their life. شما نزدیکترین مرکز جامعه همجنسگرایان may help you find a shelter that is not listed online. The Ali Forney Center has transitional and emergency housing for LGBT youth in several states.
Many legal organizations take on cases for people who have experienced transgender discrimination. There are some legal organizations specifically to support the LGBT community.
- لاندا قانونی بزرگترین سازمان ملی کمک های حقوقی دگرباشان جنسی است. The Lambda Legal helpdesk می توانید پرونده خود را بررسی کنید و شما را به نمایندگان محلی متصل کنید.
- The ACLU is a legal organization that represents clients for free. It has programs for LGBT rights and represents LGBT people who have been harassed. تو می توانی find a local ACLU affiliate in every state.
- The National Center for Transgender Equality works to protect all trans rights. It supports more than 80 organizations that represent trans clients. تو می توانی Find trans legal services in your state.
- حقوق فراجنسیتی و شناسایی
- شرایط فراجنسیتی
- گذار و انتقال جنسیت
- دگرباشان جنسی: لزبین, همجنسگرا, جوامع دوجنسی و فراجنسیتی
- با حقوق خود به عنوان یک مهاجر
پیدا کردن کمک در نزدیکی شما
FindHello استفاده از خدمات و منابع در شهر خود را جستجو کنید.شروع جستجوی خود را