Turkey Cobb Salad recipe
Many households have leftover turkey after Thanksgiving.
This recipe repurposes the leftovers into Turkey Cobb Salad. Adding fall vegetables and a vinaigrette dressing to leftover turkey makes for a healthy and filling meal. This recipe is for two people.
Ingredients for Turkey Cobb Salad
- 3 slices center-cut bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 6 oz cooked the turkey breast
- 2 cups cubes of butternut squash, 3/4 inch dice
- olive oil spray
- black pepper, to taste
- 3 cups spring mix lettuce
- 3/4 oz crumbled feta
- 1/4 cup pecan halves
- 2 tbsp craisins
Ingredients for the vinaigrette
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 4 tsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp plus 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- salt and pepper to taste
Directions for Turkey Cobb Salad
1. Preheat the oven to 425F. Place the butternut on a large nonstick baking sheet, spray with oil, season with salt and pepper and bake 15 minutes. Turn and then cook an additional 10 minutes or until tender. Let cool a few minutes.
2. Meanwhile, combine the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk.
3. Divide the lettuce between two plates.
4. Top the lettuce with half of the remaining ingredients.
5. Pour dressing evenly over the salad and serve.