Is it difficult for you to get to a store? Do you have language difficulties when you shop? In the USA, you can buy nearly everything you need online. Learn how to use the internet to shop online for food and other everyday items. Learn how to be safe while you shop online.
How to shop online for the things you want
You can search on the internet with the name of the item you want to buy. But you might end up on an unsafe site. Es tsis txhob, learn which are the safe websites and use them. You can usually trust most familiar names and famous websites. But you may want to use lesser-known websites because they have special food products. Yog li ntawd, before you pay anything to a new website, check to see if the website is safe.
You can find out if a shopping website is safe by searching online. Type the name of the website and then the word “reviews.” You can read about what other users think about that website.
How to pay when you shop online
- Yog hais tias koj muaj ib tug credit card los yog ib daim debit card, nws yooj yim mus yuav online. Nws yog kev siv ib daim credit card tshaj ib daim debit card. Credit card tsis cob cog rua cov nyiaj nyob rau hauv koj tus bank account. Yog hais tias daim card tooj yog neeg nyiag lawm, tus tub sab yuav tsis tau mus rau hauv koj tus bank account.
- Yog hais tias koj tsis muaj ib daim credit card, koj muaj peev xwm tseem yuav tau online. Koj siv tau ib tug them ua ntej daim ntawv. You can buy a card that has numbers like a credit card. Muaj yog ib tug set nqi ntawm cov nyiaj nyob rau hauv daim ntawv. Koj muaj peev xwm ntxiv ntau tshaj cov nyiaj los yog tau txais ib daim card tshiab thaum cov nyiaj sau tawm. Qhov no yog ib tug heev muaj kev ruaj ntseg txoj kev uas yuav yuav online vim hais tias koj tsis muaj muab tej nyiaj txiag thaum koj them rau tej yam uas. Koj yuav tau them ib tug nqi thaum koj yuav tau los yog tso nyiaj. Compare fees on different to get the best deal. Find recommended prepaid cards from Consumer Reports.org.
- koj ua tau qhib ib tug Paypal account thiab them online los yeej muaj. You need a bank account or credit card to buy online with a regular Paypal account. Los yog, koj yuav tau txais ib tug Paypal them ua ntej MasterCard tsis muaj ib tug bank account.
Receiving and returning goods
Khw online yog yooj yim vim hais tias txhua yam yog xa mus rau koj lub tsev. Koj yuav tsum tau ceev faj vim hais tias koj tsis tau txais mus ntsuam xyuas cov khoom ua ntej koj yuav nws. Xyuas ua ntej koj yuav hais tias koj yuav tau rov qab yog hais tias koj cia tus tau txais daim ntawv thiab thawj lub ntim thiab tsis tau siv yam khoom no. Tsis tas li ntawd, check to see what the return policy is. Some websites offer free returns, while others will make you pay for shipping.
How to shop online safely
Your personal information is sometimes called data. You never need to give out important personal data, such as ID numbers, bank numbers, passwords, or your address on social media sites. To keep their users safe, social networks have privacy settings you can use to make your information (data) safe.
Look at the top of this page at the URL (the page address that starts https://). You will see a little padlock symbol next to the address. When you are on a shopping site, look to see that the site’s name has the padlock next to it. Make sure the URL site’s address starts with “https”, instead of just “http”, and has a padlock icon in the URL field. This indicates that the website is secure and uses encryption to scramble your data so it can’t be intercepted by others. Tsis tas li ntawd, be on the lookout for websites that have misspellings or bad grammar in their addresses. They could be copycats of legitimate websites.
It is safer to shop on your own computer. Shared computers, like in a library, might have a virus that you don’t know about. You also might be sitting next to other people who might see your personal information. If you need to shop on a shared computer, make sure that nobody is watching you while you buy something. Make sure to log out of your account before you walk away. Yog hais tias tsis, somebody might be able to steal your information.
Xav paub ntau ntxiv
- Yuav ua li cas kuv kawm txog cov computer txawj?
- Learn about credit cards and loans
- How to stay safe on social media