នៅក្នុងសហរដ្ឋអាមេរិក, there are laws about transgender discrimination in housing and at work. Trans people cannot be fired, refused employment, or turned away from housing because they are trans. Learn about transgender safety and rights at work and in housing. Find out where to get legal advice and help.
Specific transgender rights are different in each state. But there are some laws about transgender discrimination that are the same all over the USA.
Transgender discrimination at work
You cannot be harassed at work by your staff or other workers. ឧទាហរណ៍:
- People cannot make jokes or mean comments about trans people.
- People cannot use the wrong name or pronouns on purpose.
- People cannot ask rude questions about your body or gender.
You cannot be questioned or fired at work. ឧទាហរណ៍:
- Your boss cannot question your gender.
- Your boss cannot fire you because of you are transgender.
- Your boss cannot refuse to promote you because you are transgender.
You cannot be turned away from the bathroom. ឧទាហរណ៍:
- Your workplace has to let you use the bathroom you choose.
- Your workplace may not ask for documents proving your gender to let you use the bathroom.
Transgender discrimination in housing
បច្ចុប្បន្ន, 20 រដ្ឋនិងសង្កាត់ Columbia ច្បាប់បញ្ឈប់ការរើសអើងការគាំទ្រដែលប្តូរភេទ. ប្រសិនបើអ្នកជួលឬទិញអចលនទ្រព្យនៅក្នុងរដ្ឋទាំងនោះ:
- People cannot turn you away because you are transgender.
- People cannot force you to leave because you are transgender. ប្រសិនបើអ្នកមានកិច្ចសន្យាឬជួល, it is legal for you to sta.
If you need to stay at a homeless shelter:
- People might ask your gender because men and women can be in separate rooms. You have the right to tell them whichever gender you identify as.
- People cannot ask for medical proof of your gender.
Trans people have been forced out of their homes and turned away from homeless shelters. One of every five transgender people is homeless sometime in their life. របស់អ្នក មជ្ឈមណ្ឌលសហគមន៍ LGBT ដែលនៅជិតបំផុត may help you find a shelter that is not listed online. The Ali Forney Center has transitional and emergency housing for LGBT youth in several states.
Many legal organizations take on cases for people who have experienced transgender discrimination. There are some legal organizations specifically to support the LGBT community.
- lambda ច្បាប់គឺជាអង្គការជំនួយផ្នែកច្បាប់អ្នកស្រលាញ់ភេទដូចគ្នាជាតិធំជាងគេបំផុត. នេះ Lambda Legal helpdesk អាចពិនិត្យករណីរបស់អ្នកហើយភ្ជាប់អ្នកទៅតំណាងមូលដ្ឋាន.
- The ACLU is a legal organization that represents clients for free. It has programs for LGBT rights and represents LGBT people who have been harassed. អ្នកអាច find a local ACLU affiliate in every state.
- The National Center for Transgender Equality works to protect all trans rights. It supports more than 80 organizations that represent trans clients. អ្នកអាច find trans legal services in your state.
- Transgender reassignment and transitioning
- អ្នកស្រលាញ់ភេទដូចគ្នា: ស្រីស្រលាញ់ស្រី, មនុស្សស្រឡាញ់ភេទដូចគ្នា, សហគមន៍ពីរភេទនិងអ្នកប្តូរភេទ
ប្រើ FindHello ដើម្បីស្វែងរកសេវានិងធនធាននៅក្នុងក្រុងរបស់អ្នក.ចាប់ផ្តើមការស្វែងរករបស់អ្នក