미국에서, there are laws about transgender discrimination in housing and at work. Trans people cannot be fired, refused employment, or turned away from housing because they are trans. Learn about transgender safety and rights at work and in housing. Find out where to get legal advice and help.
Specific transgender rights are different in each state. But there are some laws about transgender discrimination that are the same all over the USA.
Transgender discrimination at work
You cannot be harassed at work by your staff or other workers. 예를 들어:
- People cannot make jokes or mean comments about trans people.
- People cannot use the wrong name or pronouns on purpose.
- People cannot ask rude questions about your body or gender.
You cannot be questioned or fired at work. 예를 들어:
- Your boss cannot question your gender.
- Your boss cannot fire you because of you are transgender.
- Your boss cannot refuse to promote you because you are transgender.
You cannot be turned away from the bathroom. 예를 들어:
- Your workplace has to let you use the bathroom you choose.
- Your workplace may not ask for documents proving your gender to let you use the bathroom.
Transgender discrimination in housing
현재, 20 주 및 컬럼비아 특별구 트랜스젠더 차별을 막는 법률 지원. 해당 주에서 부동산을 임대하거나 구매하는 경우:
- 사람들은 당신의 성별이나 성적 취향에 대해 물어볼 수 없습니다..
- People cannot turn you away because you are transgender.
- People cannot force you to leave because you are transgender. 임대 또는 계약이 있는 경우, it is legal for you to sta.
If you need to stay at a homeless shelter:
- People might ask your gender because men and women can be in separate rooms. You have the right to tell them whichever gender you identify as.
- People cannot ask for medical proof of your gender.
Trans people have been forced out of their homes and turned away from homeless shelters. One of every five transgender people is homeless sometime in their life. 귀하의 가장 가까운 LGBT 커뮤니티 센터 may help you find a shelter that is not listed online. The Ali Forney Center has transitional and emergency housing for LGBT youth in several states.
Many legal organizations take on cases for people who have experienced transgender discrimination. There are some legal organizations specifically to support the LGBT community.
- 람다 법률은 가장 큰 국가 LGBT 법률 지원 단체입니다. 는 Lambda Legal helpdesk 케이스를 검토하고 지역 담당자에게 연결할 수 있습니다..
- The ACLU is a legal organization that represents clients for free. It has programs for LGBT rights and represents LGBT people who have been harassed. 당신은 할 수 있어요 find a local ACLU affiliate in every state.
- The National Center for Transgender Equality works to protect all trans rights. It supports more than 80 organizations that represent trans clients. 당신은 할 수 있어요 find trans legal services in your state.
- 트랜스 젠더 권리 및 식별
- 트랜스 젠더 용어
- Transgender reassignment and transitioning
- LGBT: 여성 동성애자, 남성 동성애자, 양성 애자 및 트랜스 젠더 커뮤니티
- 이민자로 서 귀하의 권리를 알으십시오
FindHello를 사용 하 여 서비스 및 리소스 당신의 도시에 대 한 검색.검색 시작