Ne SHBA, there are laws about transgender discrimination in housing and at work. Trans people cannot be fired, refused employment, or turned away from housing because they are trans. Learn about transgender safety and rights at work and in housing. Find out where to get legal advice and help.
Specific transgender rights are different in each state. But there are some laws about transgender discrimination that are the same all over the USA.
Transgender discrimination at work
You cannot be harassed at work by your staff or other workers. Për shembull:
- People cannot make jokes or mean comments about trans people.
- People cannot use the wrong name or pronouns on purpose.
- People cannot ask rude questions about your body or gender.
You cannot be questioned or fired at work. Për shembull:
- Your boss cannot question your gender.
- Your boss cannot fire you because of you are transgender.
- Your boss cannot refuse to promote you because you are transgender.
You cannot be turned away from the bathroom. Për shembull:
- Your workplace has to let you use the bathroom you choose.
- Your workplace may not ask for documents proving your gender to let you use the bathroom.
Transgender discrimination in housing
aktualisht, 20 shtete dhe në Distriktin e Kolumbias Ligjet mbështetje që ndalojnë diskriminimin transgjinor. Në qoftë se ju merrni me qira ose blerë pronë në ato shtete:
- Njerëzit nuk mund të pyesni në lidhje me gjininë tuaj ose orientimit seksual.
- People cannot turn you away because you are transgender.
- People cannot force you to leave because you are transgender. Nëse ju keni një kontratë qiraje ose kontratë, it is legal for you to sta.
If you need to stay at a homeless shelter:
- People might ask your gender because men and women can be in separate rooms. You have the right to tell them whichever gender you identify as.
- People cannot ask for medical proof of your gender.
Trans people have been forced out of their homes and turned away from homeless shelters. One of every five transgender people is homeless sometime in their life. juaj qendra më e afërt e komunitetit LGBT may help you find a shelter that is not listed online. The Ali Forney Center has transitional and emergency housing for LGBT youth in several states.
Many legal organizations take on cases for people who have experienced transgender discrimination. There are some legal organizations specifically to support the LGBT community.
- Lambda ligjore është kombëtar LGBT organizata më e madhe për ndihmë juridike. The Lambda Legal helpdesk mund të shqyrtojë rastin tuaj dhe të lidheni me përfaqësuesit lokalë.
- The ACLU is a legal organization that represents clients for free. It has programs for LGBT rights and represents LGBT people who have been harassed. Ti mundesh find a local ACLU affiliate in every state.
- The National Center for Transgender Equality works to protect all trans rights. It supports more than 80 organizations that represent trans clients. Ti mundesh find trans legal services in your state.
Mëso më shumë
- Të drejtat transgjinorë dhe identifikimi
- termat transeksualë
- ricaktimi transgjinor dhe tranzicion
- LGBT: lezbike, homoseksual, Komunitetet biseksualë dhe transeksualë
- Dini të drejtat tuaja si një emigrant
Gjej ndihmë pranë jush
Përdorni FindHello për të kërkuar për shërbimet dhe burimet në qytetin tuaj.Filloni kërkimin tuaj