Learn about agriculture and different kinds of agriculture jobs. Read about the different career paths you can take in agriculture. Пайдо аз чӣ омӯзиш ба шумо лозим аст ва дар куҷо ба сар ҷустуҷӯи кор.
Agriculture jobs include all kinds of farm work. Farm workers grow crops, raise animals, and turn farm produce into food. гурезагон, муҳоҷирон, and migrants all help to produce the nation’s food.
Maybe you have a farming background and want to work on a farm. Perhaps you would like to train in an agriculture career. Read about different kinds of agriculture jobs and how to get started.
Which agriculture job?
- Small farmer – many small farms produce organic or specialist foods. Starting your own farm in the United States requires a lot of work and investment.
- Farm worker – farm workers on large farms work either with animals or with crops.
- Meat packer – work slaughtering animals and packing meat in a factory-like environment. More likely to offer health insurance than other agricultural jobs. Many meat-packing plants employ refugees.
- Seasonal worker – seasonal workers are often migrants who travel around the United following the crop harvests and planting seasons. They harvest, plant, weed, об, pack and load these crops. Most seasonal workers are undocumented and working conditions are poor.
- Inner-city projects – there are many volunteer opportunities and some paid positions on city farms and community gardens.
- Farm machinery operator – operators of large equipment on farms need more training and certification, but they are in demand and often better paid than other farm workers.
- Government inspector – agricultural inspectors make sure food crops and animals are raised properly and follow health, safety and environmental regulations.
- Farm manager or agricultural supervisor – managers supervise farm laborers, especially migrant workers who travel from farm to farm.
- Agribusiness – careers in the business side of agriculture, including sales and other support industries, are growing. These jobs offer more management positions.
- Scientists – agricultural science includes soil science and plant genetics.
Are agriculture jobs right for me?
Agriculture is hard physical work. Farm workers and people working with animals need to be strong. Many agricultural jobs also use machinery, so it is a good job for someone who works well with machines. If you want to work outside, agriculture jobs will suit you. But farm work is dangerous, and you need to be alert around machines, chemicals and animals. If you are able to take on responsibilities, then being a farm manager or supervisor may be a good fit for you. Speaking two languages is a great asset for a manager of farm workers.
Дар куҷо кор оғоз ман?
Agriculture jobs are a big part of the economy in California, Техас, and some mid-western and southern states. The dairy, fruit, vegetable and meat industries always need farm workers. They do not usually ask for experience or a high school education. The farmer or farm manager will train you. But these jobs are not well paid. According to the US Department of Agriculture, more than half of all farm workers are undocumented.
Skills and training
Other agriculture careers may require education and some training. Government jobs, such as agricultural inspector, require citizenship. If you want to prepare for citizenship, you can take our озод синфи шаҳрвандӣ онлайн.
Find agricultural classes near you
Community colleges in areas with lots of farms offer classes in agriculture. They offer two-year associate’s degrees. You can get an associate’s degree in animal science, agricultural science or biology. To work in agribusiness, or if you want to start a farm enterprise, you may also need business skills. There are many business courses at community colleges. Пайдо кардани коллеҷи ҷомеа наздикии шумо.
Farming programs for New Americans
Many refugees and immigrants come to America with knowledge of farming. Across the USA, you can find programs that support, train or employ refugee farmers. Дар ин ҷо баъзе аз онҳо:
- Калифорния: New Roots
- Гурҷистон: Global Growers
- Hawaii: Kunia Agricultural Incubator
- Айдахо: Global Gardens
- Иллинойс: Global Garden Refugee Training Program
- Мэн: The New American Sustainable Agriculture Project (NASAP)
- Нью-Йорк: Syracuse Refugee Agricultural Partnership
- Massachusetts: New Entry Sustainable Farming Project
- Missouri: International Institute Global Farms
- Tennessee: Growing Together
- Техас: Plant it Forward
- Vermont: New Farms for New Americans
- Вирҷиния: New Roots
Watch a video about a refugee farming program in Vermont
Чӣ мешавад, агар ман аллакай дар кишвари дигар роҳхат?
If you have a qualification or a degree from another country, Upwardly Global кӯмак муҳоҷирони кор ваколатдор, гурезањо, asylees, ва дорандагони раводиди бозоғоз намоед мансаб касбии худ дар Иёлоти Муттаҳида.
Боз чӣ кор ман бояд?
- Оё ба Шумо лозим аст омўхтани забони англисї?
- Шумо мехоҳед шудан шаҳрванд?
- Шумо мехоҳед даст дипломи GED® кунед?
Оғози ҷустуҷӯи кор
- Use a job center: Government employment centers are free. Онҳо пешниҳод маслиҳат ва нигоҳ доштани рӯйхати ҷойҳои маҳаллӣ. Онҳо бо дубора ва барномаҳои корӣ кӯмак. Онҳо метавонанд ба шумо ба омӯзиши кор ва маориф пайвастшавӣ. Пайдо наздиктарин маркази шуғли худ.
- Search online: Aghires is a website for that lists agriculture jobs.
диққати:Meet Morris Gbolo, owner of World Crops Farm in New Jersey
дар 2002, Morris Gbolo moved to southern New Jersey as a refugee from Liberia. имрӯз, he is back doing what he loves – farming his favorite vegetable crops from his native land.
Watch a video about Morris Gbolo