Learn about agriculture and different kinds of agriculture jobs. Read about the different career paths you can take in agriculture. Ne sen lüzum nerede iş arama başlatmak için eğitim ve dışarı bulmak.
Agriculture jobs include all kinds of farm work. Farm workers grow crops, raise animals, and turn farm produce into food. Mülteciler, göçmenler, and migrants all help to produce the nation’s food.
Maybe you have a farming background and want to work on a farm. Perhaps you would like to train in an agriculture career. Read about different kinds of agriculture jobs and how to get started.
Which agriculture job?
- Small farmer – many small farms produce organic or specialist foods. Starting your own farm in the United States requires a lot of work and investment.
- Farm worker – farm workers on large farms work either with animals or with crops.
- Meat packer – work slaughtering animals and packing meat in a factory-like environment. More likely to offer health insurance than other agricultural jobs. Many meat-packing plants employ refugees.
- Seasonal worker – seasonal workers are often migrants who travel around the United following the crop harvests and planting seasons. They harvest, plant, weed, su, pack and load these crops. Most seasonal workers are undocumented and working conditions are poor.
- Inner-city projects – there are many volunteer opportunities and some paid positions on city farms and community gardens.
- Farm machinery operator – operators of large equipment on farms need more training and certification, but they are in demand and often better paid than other farm workers.
- Government inspector – agricultural inspectors make sure food crops and animals are raised properly and follow health, safety and environmental regulations.
- Farm manager or agricultural supervisor – managers supervise farm laborers, especially migrant workers who travel from farm to farm.
- Agribusiness – careers in the business side of agriculture, including sales and other support industries, are growing. These jobs offer more management positions.
- Scientists – agricultural science includes soil science and plant genetics.
Are agriculture jobs right for me?
Agriculture is hard physical work. Farm workers and people working with animals need to be strong. Many agricultural jobs also use machinery, so it is a good job for someone who works well with machines. If you want to work outside, agriculture jobs will suit you. But farm work is dangerous, and you need to be alert around machines, chemicals and animals. If you are able to take on responsibilities, then being a farm manager or supervisor may be a good fit for you. Speaking two languages is a great asset for a manager of farm workers.
Agriculture jobs are a big part of the economy in California, Texas, and some mid-western and southern states. The dairy, fruit, vegetable and meat industries always need farm workers. They do not usually ask for experience or a high school education. The farmer or farm manager will train you. But these jobs are not well paid. According to the US Department of Agriculture, more than half of all farm workers are undocumented.
Skills and training
Other agriculture careers may require education and some training. Government jobs, such as agricultural inspector, require citizenship. If you want to prepare for citizenship, you can take our Ücretsiz online vatandaşlık sınıfı.
Find agricultural classes near you
Community colleges in areas with lots of farms offer classes in agriculture. They offer two-year associate’s degrees. You can get an associate’s degree in animal science, agricultural science or biology. To work in agribusiness, or if you want to start a farm enterprise, you may also need business skills. There are many business courses at community colleges. Size en yakın bir devlet üniversitesidir bulmak.
Farming programs for New Americans
Many refugees and immigrants come to America with knowledge of farming. Across the USA, you can find programs that support, train or employ refugee farmers. Bunlardan bazıları:
- California: New Roots
- Gürcistan: Global Growers
- Hawaii: Kunia Agricultural Incubator
- Idaho: Global Gardens
- Illinois: Global Garden Refugee Training Program
- Maine: The New American Sustainable Agriculture Project (NASAP)
- New York: Syracuse Refugee Agricultural Partnership
- Massachusetts: New Entry Sustainable Farming Project
- Missouri: International Institute Global Farms
- Tennessee: Growing Together
- Texas: Plant it Forward
- Vermont: New Farms for New Americans
- Virginia: New Roots
Watch a video about a refugee farming program in Vermont
Peki ya ben zaten başka bir ülkede nitelikli?
If you have a qualification or a degree from another country, Yükselen küresel iş yetkili yardımcı olur göçmenler, mülteciler, asylees, ve vizesi olanlar Profesyonel kariyerleri Amerika Birleşik Devletleri'nde yeniden başlatın.
Başka neye ihtiyacım var?
- Evet. İngilizce öğrenin?
- İstiyor musunuz bir vatandaşı olmak?
- İstiyor musunuz GED® diplomanı kazanmak?
İş arama başlatın
- Use a job center: Hükümet iş merkezleri ücretsizdir. Onlar önerilerde bulunmak ve yerel işlerin bir listesini almak. Onlar devam eder ve iş başvuruları ile yardım. Onlar iş eğitimi ve eğitim bağlanabilirsiniz. En yakın iş merkezinizde bulun.
- Online arama: Aghires is a website for that lists agriculture jobs.
SPOT IŞIK:Meet Morris Gbolo, owner of World Crops Farm in New Jersey
İçinde 2002, Morris Gbolo moved to southern New Jersey as a refugee from Liberia. Bugün, he is back doing what he loves – farming his favorite vegetable crops from his native land.
Watch a video about Morris Gbolo
Daha fazla bilgi edinin
İş arama başlatın
Bir iş bulup harika bir özgeçmiş nasıl öğrenin.Şimdi iş yardım bulmak