你想学习如何申请公民资格吗？? 在您申请公民身份之前, 你需要知道: 你有资格成为美国公民吗？? 了解您是否有资格申请. 然后了解申请公民身份所需采取的步骤.
Do you want to learn how to apply for citizenship? Before you apply for citizenship, you need to know: are you eligible to become a US citizen? Find out if you are eligible to apply. Then learn the steps you need to take to apply for citizenship.
如果你想申请公民身份, 你首先需要找出, 如果你通过公民身份的要求. 这些包括:
If you want to apply for citizenship, you first need to find out if you pass the citizenship requirements. These include:
- 最小值 18 年龄
- 阅读能力, 写和说基本的英语
- Minimum of 18 years of age
- Have lived in the USA for at least five years as a resident
- No extended trips out of the USA
- No major criminal activity
- Basic understanding of US government and history
- Ability to read, write and speak basic English
How to apply for citizenship
1. 填写 N-400 表格
1. Complete the N-400 form
重要: 从 12 月 2019, 移民局只接受 2019 形式. 确保您正在填写的任何表单在每页底部都有此内容: 表格 N-400 版 09/17/19. 如果日期不同, 下载新表单 重新开始.
Important: from December 2019, USCIS is only accepting the 2019 form. Make sure any form you are filling out has this at the bottom of each page: Form N-400 Edition 09/17/19. If it has a different date, download a new form and start again.
你必须包括许多文件与申请, 你也必须支付费用. 这里是 清单，你需要包括 当您提交 N-400 申请时. 您必须包括两张护照照片与您的申请. 记得在这些照片的背面写上你的 "A 号". 有些人可以申请减免费用, 所以你不必支付费用.
You have to include many papers with the application and you also have to pay the fee. Here is a checklist of what you need to include when you submit your N-400 application. You have to include two passport photos with your application. Remember to write your “A-number” on the back of these photos. Some people can apply for a fee waiver so you do not have to pay the fee.
如果你在没有律师的情况下填写你的文件, 免费网站 CitizenshipWorks.org 将帮助您完成应用程序步骤. 公民工作还可以连接您在线免费法律帮助或您地区的公民工作合作伙伴，如果您需要额外的帮助.
If you are filling out your paperwork without a lawyer, the free website CitizenshipWorks.org will help you through the application steps. Citizenshipworks can also connect you to free legal help online or to a Citizenshipworks partner in your area if you need extra help.
- 申请公民身份通常是费用 $725. 这包括生物识别费 $85 和申请费 $640. 重要说明: 美国政府表示，申请费将增加 从 $640 自 $1,170 12月之后的某个时候 16, 2019. 如果你想申请公民身份, 立即应用，并节省超过 $500. 您可以 阅读更多有关拟议更改的.
- 如果您能够显示您的收入足够低，或者如果您有意外的紧急情况，您可以获得费用豁免, 如医疗费用. 放弃意味着你将不必支付. 您可以阅读有关如何 申请豁免. 重要说明: 豁免制度可能会改变 2020. 您可以 阅读更多有关拟议更改的. USAHello建议你得到法律咨询，如果你正在考虑申请豁免，因为它可能会给移民局一个理由，拒绝你的申请.
- Applying for citizenship usually costs $725. This includes the biometric fee of $85 and the filing fee of $640. Important note: the US government said the filing fee will increase from $640 to $1,170 some time after December 16, 2019. If you want to apply for citizenship, apply now and save more than $500. You can read more about the proposed changes.
- You may be able to get a fee waiver if you can show your income is low enough or if you have unexpected emergencies, such as medical costs. A waiver means that you will not have to pay. You can read more details about how to apply for a waiver. Important note: the waiver system may change in 2020. You can read more about the proposed changes. USAHello suggests you get legal advice if you are thinking about applying for a waiver because it may give USCIS a reason to refuse your application.
重要: 在发送之前, 请复制您的 N-400.
Important: Make a copy of your N-400 before you send it.
2. Save your receipt and check your application online
您将收到一封收据, 说移民局收到您的申请. 保留此项并记下13位数的收据号码. 拿一张你手机上收据的照片, 给自己发电子邮件, 确保你不会失去它。. 您可以使用收据号码 检查您的应用程序的状态.
You will receive a letter of receipt that says USCIS received your application. Keep this and write down the 13-digit receipt number. Take a photo of the receipt on your phone and email it to yourself to make sure you don’t lose it. You can use the receipt number to check the status of your application.
3. Complete your biometric screening
生物识别检查是一种安全检查. 你将被要求去办公室在某一天和时间. 一定要去赴约, 按时到达。! 在约会, 他们会拿走你的指纹. 这意味着他们将盖章你的指纹和运行的照片, 通过一个系统, 以确保你不是一个罪犯. 了解有关 生物识别预约.
Biometric screening is a security check. You will be asked to go to an office at a certain day and time. Make sure to go to this appointment and to arrive on time! At the appointment, they will take your fingerprints. This means they will stamp your fingerprints and run the picture through a system to make sure you are not a criminal. Learn more about the biometrics appointment.
4. Attend your citizenship interview
完成与美国公民和移民官员的面谈. 了解有关 归化访谈 以及如何为考试做准备.
Complete an interview with a United States Citizenship and Immigration Officer. Learn more about the naturalization interview and how to prepare for the test.
5. Take the civics test
During your interview, you will take a test about US civics, history and government. On this exam, you must answer 6 out of 10 questions correctly. You can take our citizenship practice quiz to see if you are ready for the test. If you are not ready, you can join our free citizenship class to prepare you for the exam.
6. Wait for your decision
您将收到移民局关于您的申请的书面决定. 你可能会收到你的决定, 在你的面试当天或你可能会收到它以后的邮件. 该决定将说, 如果你的申请是:
You will receive a written decision from USCIS about your application. You might receive your decision on the day of your interview or you might receive it later in the mail. The decision will be say if your application was:
- 授予 (这意味着你通过了!)
- 继续 (这意味着移民局正在对你做更多的研究, 或者意味着你可能在英语或公民考试中失败了。. 你可以再拿一次)
- 否认 (这意味着移民局决定你没有资格入籍. 如果发生这种情况, 你也许可以请愿。)
- Granted (this means you passed!)
- Continued (this means USCIS is doing more research about you or it means you might have failed the English or Civics exams. You can take them again.)
- Denied (this means USCIS decided you are not eligible for naturalization. If this happens, you may be able to petition.)
7. Attend your citizenship ceremony
如果你真的通过了, 你将准备好完成你的公民仪式并宣誓效忠. 这是当你宣誓效忠美国.
If you did pass, you will be ready to complete your citizenship ceremony and take the Oath of Allegiance. This is when you pledge loyalty to the USA.
如果您对此过程有疑问, 有一些组织, 你可以打电话. 这些组织以一些新的语言提供建议. 在您附近找到免费或低成本的公民帮助.
If you have questions about the process, there are organizations you can call. These organizations offer advice in some newcomer languages. Find free or low-cost citizenship help near you.
我们希望这有助于回答您关于如何申请公民资格的问题。. 报名参加我们的免费公民准备课程. 你可以把他们带到网上, 地方, 随时!
We hoped this helped answer your question about how to apply for citizenship. Sign up below to take our free citizenship preparation classes. You can take them online, anywhere, anytime!
The information on this page comes from USCIS. It is intended for guidance and is updated as often as possible. USAHello does not give legal advice, nor are any of our materials intended to be taken as legal advice. If you are looking for a free or low-cost lawyer or legal help, we can help you find free and low-cost legal services.