你准备好成为美国公民了吗？? 第一次, 确保您有资格申请. 了解基本的美国公民资格要求. 阅读有关配偶和家庭成员要求的详细信息.
Are you ready to become a US citizen? First, make sure you are eligible to apply. Learn about the basic US citizenship requirements. Read details about requirements for spouses and family members.
US citizenship requirements
为了申请公民权, 您必须通常满足 t他遵循以下要求:
In order to apply for citizenship, you must generally meet the following requirements:
- 你必须至少 18 年岁.
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- 您一定没有在美国境外进行过重大旅行. 假期和短途旅行，看家人海外是可以的, 但如果你有过长途旅行, 这可能是一个好主意，与律师交谈之前，申请，以确保你有资格. 您可以 阅读更多有关物理存在和持续要求.
- You need to have lived in the same location for the past three months.
- You must not have had significant trips outside of the USA. Vacations and short trips to see family overseas are okay, but if you have had long trips, it might be a good idea to speak to a lawyer before applying to make sure you qualify. You can read more about physical presence and continuous requirements.
- 你必须没有重大的犯罪活动. 小罪行, 如交通罚单, 都好, 但你不能被定罪的任何重大罪行. 总是诚实，因为大多数小犯罪是好的, 但如果你躺在你的应用程序, 这会使您的应用程序被拒绝. 你甚至可能会被驱逐出境. 如果你被判有罪, 和律师谈话是非常重要的. 他们会让你知道该怎么做.
- You must have no major criminal activity. Small offenses, such as a traffic ticket, are okay, but you cannot be convicted of any major crimes. Always be honest about this because most small crimes are okay, but if you lie on your application, this can make your application get rejected. You might even get deported. If you have been convicted of a crime, it is very important to talk to a lawyer. They will let you know what to do.
- 你必须学习和了解美国政府, 经济, 和历史, 以便您可以通过公民考试.
- You must study and learn about the United States government, economy, and history so that you can pass the Civics exam.
- 你必须能够阅读, 写, 用英语说和听. 残疾人或超过残疾人的人也有一些例外 50 在美国生活了很长时间. 阅读附件 d 中有关老年人和残疾人的例外情况.
- You must be able to read, write, speak and listen in English. There are some exceptions for disabled people or people over 50 who have lived in the United States for a long time. Read about the exceptions for older and disabled people years old in Attachment D.
- 美国政府的官方信息将告诉您您是否有资格申请公民身份. 在线阅读或下载本文档，了解您是否符合资格.
- The official information from the United States government will tell you if you are eligible to apply for citizenship. Read online or download this document to see if you are eligible.
How to apply
There are many steps in the naturalization process:
- 参加关于美国历史和政府的公民考试. 这次考试, 你必须回答 6 出来的 10 正确的问题关于我们公民, 历史和政府.
- Complete and mail the required paperwork.
- Complete a background check.
- Complete an interview with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Officer.
- Take a short English language test where you read and speak a sentence in English.
- Take a Civics Exam on US history and government. On this exam, you must answer 6 out of 10 questions correctly about US Civics, History and Government.
- Take the Oath of Allegiance where you pledge loyalty to the USA.
The information on this page comes from USCIS and other trusted sources. It is intended for guidance and is updated as often as possible. USAHello does not give legal advice, nor are any of our materials intended to be taken as legal advice. If you are looking for a free or low-cost lawyer or legal help, we can help you find free and low-cost legal services.