要在美国开始孩子上学，你必须先将你的孩子注册为学生. 这意味着你需要参观学校并签署文件，以便学校可以接受你的孩子. 了解您需要的文件以及如何在校注册您的孩子. 阅读有关安置和特殊课程. 阅读你的孩子需要什么, 如果你的孩子缺席怎么办, 以及如何去学校.
To start your child at school in the USA you must first register your child as a student. This means you need to visit the school and sign papers so the school can accept your child. Learn what documents you need and how to register your child in school. Read about placement and special classes. Read about what your child needs, what to do if your child is absent, and how to get to school.
What school will my child go to?
The year your child was born and the place you live will determine which school your children will go to. Find your local public school.
What paperwork do I need to register my children in school?
The necessary paperwork might include:
- 在学区的居住证明. 这意味着你必须证明你住在你的房子或公寓里. 居住证明的例子是签名的公寓租赁, 银行对帐单, 或与地址的公用事业帐单. 这是为了表明你离开在一个社区, 学校招收孩子.
- 年龄的证据. 举个例子, 出生证明或护照和你的孩子的生日.
- 当你在学校为孩子登记时, 每个学区都可能有自己的形式. 在学区网站上找到窗体. 你也可以去学校找学校秘书谈谈。.
- Proof of residency in the school district. This means you have to show that you live in your house or apartment. Examples of proof of residency are a signed apartment lease, a bank statement, or a utility bill with an address. This is to show that you leave in a neighborhood where the school enrolls children.
- Proof of age. For example, a birth certificate or passport with your child’s birthday.
- Immunizations or other health records.
- The school district may require a meeting with school administrators to get the student fully enrolled.
- Each school district may have its own form when you register your child in school. Find the form on the school district website. You can also go to the school and ask to talk to the school secretary.
When do I register my child in school?
大多数学校在美国开始在夏末或秋初, 在 8 月或 9 月. 如果你在夏天到达美国, 你可以在7月或8月访问你的孩子的学校, 学习如何注册. 如果你在学年期间到达美国, 你应该尽快给你的孩子报名.
Most schools in the US begin at the end of the summer or early fall, in August or September. If you arrive in the United States in the summer, you can visit your child’s school in July or August to learn how to enroll. If you arrive in the United States during the school year, you should enroll your child as soon as possible.
Do my children have to go to school?
入学是需要在美国年龄在 6 岁之间的学生和 16. 在一些国家中, 年龄可能不同于一年或两年. 您可以 找出您所在州的年龄和年数.
School attendance is required for students in the United States between the ages of six and 16. In some states, the ages might be different by one or two years. You can find out the ages and number of years in your state.
定期出勤对学生很重要. 学校跟踪的出勤. 如果你的学生错过太多天的学校，你可以在法律纠纷. 如果你的学生开始错过太多的日子，你会得到许多警告. 确切数目是不同的不同的学区.
Regular attendance is very important for your student. Schools keep track of attendance. You can get in trouble with the law if your student misses too many days of school. You will get many warnings if your student starts to miss too many days. The exact number is different for different school districts.
缺勤是当你从学校失踪. 大多数学校都有 2 缺勤类型. 的 2 类型是被原谅的缺席和未经原谅的缺席.
An absence is when you are missing from school. Most schools have 2 types of absences. The 2 types are excused absences and unexcused absences.
Examples of excused absences
- 暂停, 显示不可接受的行为学生纪律处分
- 缺乏授权交通 (举个例子, 如果公交车看不出来)
- 工作, 如果经核准的合作教育计划的一部分，
- Religious holiday
- Suspension, a disciplinary action taken against a student showing unacceptable behavior
- Dangerous weather conditions where you can’t get to school safely
- Lack of authorized transportation (for example, if the bus does not show up)
- Death in the immediate family
- Permission from the principal
- Visit a college campus
- Work, if part of an approved cooperative education program
- Participation in short-term or full-time work
- School sports team game or competition
- School-sponsored club or activity special event
Examples of unexcused absences
- 跳过 (不去) 一类
- 上学迟到. 迟到又称迟到. 可以原谅，原谅迟缓. 免除的迟缓有请假相同的列表.
- Missing school without telling the school in advance
- Skipping (not going to) a class
- Being late to school. Being late is also called a tardy. Tardies can be excused and unexcused. Excused tardies have the same list as excused absences.
学生总是负责弥补他或她错过的所有工作. 你, 父母或监护人, 负责告诉学校缺席的理由. 通过调用办公室或考勤办公室告诉学校, 或通过编写并签署老师注意, 秘书, 或主要. 如果你知道你的孩子会想念上学时间, 它是更好地告诉前学校. 有时, 不是意外. 那是好的. 在早上或第二天打电话到学校.
The student is always responsible for making up all the work he or she missed. You, or a parent or guardian, are responsible for telling the school the reason for the absence. Tell the school by calling the office or attendance office, or by writing and signing a note to the teacher, secretary, or principal. If you know your child will miss school ahead of time, it is better to tell the school before. Sometimes, the absence is unexpected. That is okay. Call the school in the morning or the next day.
What do my children need for school?
学生通常要带用品, 或工具, 和他们一起上学. 学区网站, 学校网站, 或教师课堂将会有一个列表. 该列表可以是不同的不同等级.
Students usually have to bring supplies, or tools, to school with them. The school district website, the school website, or the classroom teacher will have a list. The list can be different for different grades.
Notebook paper and pencils or pens are usually required. A three-ring binder or folders to hold papers are also helpful.
学校用品可以得到贵. 最简单的纸, 铅笔, 和笔工作. 你不需要买最流行或最高档. 有时, 教师或学校有额外的供应，可以提供他们如果你需要. 学校或社会或宗教组织有时放弃学校用品. 学校供应搜索帮助几个星期开学之前. 大部分的赠品是正确的在学年开始前.
School supplies can get expensive. The simplest paper, pencils, and pens work. You do not need to buy the most popular or fanciest. Sometimes, teachers or schools have extra supplies and can provide them if you need. Schools or community or religious organizations sometimes give away school supplies. Search for school supply help a couple of weeks before school starts. Most of the giveaways will be right before the school year starts.
How will my children get to school?
大多数学区提供交通工具去上学. 如果你住在靠近学校, 学校可能会期望你可以步行或者骑一辆自行车. 学区网站将有校车接送和交通信息. 它会告诉你在哪里等公交车，什么时候公共汽车将会在停止. 联系学校司关于交通信息.
Most school districts provide transportation to get to school. If you live close to the school, the school might expect that you can walk or ride a bike. The school district website will have information on busing and transportation. It will tell you where to wait for the bus and what time the bus will be at the stop. Contact the school secretary about transportation information.
学区考虑运输学生特权, 不是学生正确. 特权可以带走如果学生都不能正常. 骑坐校车上学需要相同的行为在学校.
School districts consider transportation a student privilege, not a student right. The privilege can be taken away if students are not behaving properly. Riding the school bus requires the same behavior as being in school.
What are immunizations?
免疫接种是在美国的孩子通常需要去上学的镜头. 这些要求因学区. 他们有时被法治国家法律. 您的孩子需要进行所有必要的免疫接种或需要有一个豁免显示为什么他们没有他们. 在招收学生或开始上学时, 通常需要进行免疫记录。.
Immunizations are shots that children in the United States are normally required to have to go to school. These requirements vary by school district. They are sometimes ruled by state laws. Your child needs to have all the required immunizations or needs to have a waiver showing why they do not have them. Records of immunizations are usually required for enrolling a student or when they start school.
What will my children eat at school?
公立和私立学校提供低成本或免费午餐给孩子每天上学. 这是一个由联邦政府资助的程序称为全国学校午餐计划. 家庭收入的金额确定是否一个学生就有资格领取免费的午餐, 降低成本午餐, 或都不. 一些学区发送有关全国学校午餐计划. 问学校司，更多的信息.
Public and private schools offer low-cost or free lunches to children each school day. This is a federally funded program called the National School Lunch Program. The amount of money a household earns determines whether a student qualifies to receive a free lunch, reduced-cost lunch, or neither. Some school districts send information home about the National School Lunch Program. Ask the school secretary for more information.
一些学校提供的早餐作为此计划的一部分. 一些学校在周末向低收入家庭的学生提供食物, 课间休息, 或暑假. 学校书记就可以和你谈谈自由和减少午餐. 或, 学校书记将帮助你找到可以帮助你的人.
Some schools provide breakfasts as a part of this program. Some schools provide food to students in low-income families for the weekend, school breaks, or summer vacation. The school secretary can talk to you about free and reduced lunches. Or, the school secretary will help you find the person who can help you.