Learn about agriculture and different kinds of agriculture jobs. Read about the different career paths you can take in agriculture. کیا آپ کی ضرورت ہے اور جہاں آپ ملازمت کی تلاش شروع کرنے کے لئے تربیت باہر تلاش کریں.
Agriculture jobs include all kinds of farm work. Farm workers grow crops, raise animals, and turn farm produce into food. پناہ گزین, تارکین وطن, and migrants all help to produce the nation’s food.
Maybe you have a farming background and want to work on a farm. Perhaps you would like to train in an agriculture career. Read about different kinds of agriculture jobs and how to get started.
Which agriculture job?
- Small farmer – many small farms produce organic or specialist foods. Starting your own farm in the United States requires a lot of work and investment.
- Farm worker – farm workers on large farms work either with animals or with crops.
- Meat packer – work slaughtering animals and packing meat in a factory-like environment. More likely to offer health insurance than other agricultural jobs. Many meat-packing plants employ refugees.
- Seasonal worker – seasonal workers are often migrants who travel around the United following the crop harvests and planting seasons. They harvest, plant, weed, پانی, pack and load these crops. Most seasonal workers are undocumented and working conditions are poor.
- Inner-city projects – there are many volunteer opportunities and some paid positions on city farms and community gardens.
- Farm machinery operator – operators of large equipment on farms need more training and certification, but they are in demand and often better paid than other farm workers.
- Government inspector – agricultural inspectors make sure food crops and animals are raised properly and follow health, safety and environmental regulations.
- Farm manager or agricultural supervisor – managers supervise farm laborers, especially migrant workers who travel from farm to farm.
- Agribusiness – careers in the business side of agriculture, including sales and other support industries, are growing. These jobs offer more management positions.
- Scientists – agricultural science includes soil science and plant genetics.
Are agriculture jobs right for me?
Agriculture is hard physical work. Farm workers and people working with animals need to be strong. Many agricultural jobs also use machinery, so it is a good job for someone who works well with machines. If you want to work outside, agriculture jobs will suit you. But farm work is dangerous, and you need to be alert around machines, chemicals and animals. If you are able to take on responsibilities, then being a farm manager or supervisor may be a good fit for you. Speaking two languages is a great asset for a manager of farm workers.
میں کہاں سے شروع کروں?
Agriculture jobs are a big part of the economy in California, ٹیکساس, and some mid-western and southern states. The dairy, fruit, vegetable and meat industries always need farm workers. They do not usually ask for experience or a high school education. The farmer or farm manager will train you. But these jobs are not well paid. According to the US Department of Agriculture, more than half of all farm workers are undocumented.
Skills and training
Other agriculture careers may require education and some training. Government jobs, such as agricultural inspector, require citizenship. Id you want to prepare for citizenship, you can take our مفت آن لائن سٹیزن شپ کلاس
Find agricultural classes near you
Community colleges in areas with lots of farms offer classes in agriculture. They offer two-year associate’s degrees. You can get an associate’s degree in animal science, agricultural science or biology. To work in agribusiness, or if you want to start a farm enterprise, you may also need business skills. There are many business courses at community colleges. Find a community college near you.
آن لائن معلومات حاصل کریں
Farming programs for New Americans
Many refugees and immigrants come to America with knowledge of farming. Across the USA, you can find programs that support, train or employ refugee farmers. یہاں ان میں سے کچھ ہیں:
- کیلی فورنیا: New Roots
- جورجيا: Global Growers
- Hawaii: Kunia Agricultural Incubator
- ایداہو: Global Gardens
- الینوائے: Global Garden Refugee Training Program
- مین: The New American Sustainable Agriculture Project (NASAP)
- نیو یارک: Syracuse Refugee Agricultural Partnership
- میسا چوسٹس: New Entry Sustainable Farming Project
- Missouri: International Institute Global Farms
- Tennessee: Growing Together
- ٹیکساس: Plant it Forward
- ورمونٹ: New Farms for New Americans
- ورجینیا: New Roots
Watch a video about a refugee farming program in Vermont
What if I am already qualified in another country?
If you have a qualification or a degree from another country, اپوارڈلی عالمی helps work-authorized immigrants, پناہ گزین, اسیلیس, and visa holders restart their professional careers in the United States.
What else do I need?
- Do you need to انگریزی سیکھنے?
- Do you want to become a citizen?
- Do you want to earn your GED® diploma?
آپ کی ملازمت تلاش شروع
- Use a job center: Government employment centers are free. They offer advice and keep a list of local jobs. They help with resumes and job applications. They can connect you to job training and education. Find your nearest employment center.
- آن لائن تلاش کریں: Aghires is a website for that lists agriculture jobs.
SPOTLIGHT:Meet Morris Gbolo, owner of World Crops Farm in New Jersey
میں 2002, Morris Gbolo moved to southern New Jersey as a refugee from Liberia. آج, he is back doing what he loves – farming his favorite vegetable crops from his native land.
Watch a video about Morris Gbolo
آپ کی ملازمت تلاش شروع
روزگار تلاش کرنا اور ایک عظیم ریزیومے بنانے کا طریقہ سیکھیں.اب ملازمت مدد حاصل کریں