Learn about the construction industry and different kinds of construction and repair jobs. Read about the different career paths you can take in construction and repair. Kujua nini mafunzo unaweza haja na wapi pa kuanzia utafutizi wako kazi.
Workers in construction and repair jobs are an important part of the workforce. Construction workers prepare land and use machines to make buildings, roads, and other structures. Repair workers fix and maintain buildings and machines. Learn about which construction and repair jobs are right for you.
Which construction or repair job?
There are many types of construction and repair jobs:
- Plumbers – plumbers install water supply lines and fix them when there are problems. They also fix appliances that are connected to water lines, like dishwashers. You will need to take a test to get a plumbing license. Each state has different rules about how to get a license. Read state by state licensing rules for plumbers.
- Car mechanics – mechanics inspect and fix cars. They make sure that there is enough oil and other fluids in the car. Some jobs require automotive technician training. Find classes for automotive technicians.
- Carpentry laborers – help to build and fix buildings and objects made out of wood. They carry materials, drill holes, and do basic building. The clean equipment and work areas. No formal education is needed for this job. Learn about carpentry work.
- Mason – masons build and work with stones. They build walls, patios, and walkways. Masonry is a skilled job, but you may get training at work.
- Construction workers – prepare sites where buildings will be built. Loading and unloading materials that will be used. Wakati mwingine, you may be taking down buildings to build new ones. Learn about construction jobs.
- Construction project managers – managers oversee projects and the construction team. They work on contracts, budgets, and work with clients to meet deadlines. Some managers might need a bachelor’s degree in a field like construction management, construction science or civil engineering.
- Crane operators – operators of large machines call cranes to build and break down buildings. To become a crane operator, you need to take classes and get a certificate from the National Commission for the Certification of Crane Operators.
- Elevator technicians – fix and maintain elevators, escalators, and other machines. You will need to study and do an apprenticeship for about five years.
- Electricians – install and maintain electrical systems for businesses, nyumba, and factories. This can be very difficult and even dangerous work and requires a license. You need to learn about electrical science. You also need to work as an apprentice for four years. Kujifunza jinsi ya become an electrician.
Watch a video about the job of electrician
Are construction and repair jobs right for me?
The number of construction and repair jobs is growing. But not enough people are trained. If you can train in a construction or repair skill, you will always be able to find work. About one-quarter of construction and repair jobs in the USA are held by immigrants. This means that speaking more than one language can be an important skill.
Some repair workers help people by going to their homes to do repairs. If you like helping people, these jobs would suit you. Other repair workers have to respond quickly and work 24 hours a day when emergencies happen. You also may need to do hard physical work and work outside in cold or hot places.
Construction jobs can be dangerous because you might be working with heavy machines or may have to stand on tall buildings. These jobs suit people who are physically fit and quick.
For many construction and repair jobs, your employer will train you on the job. You can start looking for a job right away.
Mafunzo na ujuzi
Nini kama mimi niko tayari sifa katika nchi nyingine?
If you have technology qualification or a degree from another country, Upwardly ya kimataifa husaidia mamlaka ya kazi wahamiaji, wakimbizi, asylees, na wamiliki wa viza upya kazi yao kitaaluma katika Marekani.
Je unahitaji nini kingine?
Kujitayarisha kwa kazi au kutafuta ajira
Use a job center: Government employment centers are free. Kutoa ushauri na kuweka orodha ya kazi ya ndani. Wao kuwasaidia na wasifu na maombi ya kazi. Wao kukuunganisha kwenye mafunzo ya kazi na elimu. Tafuta kituo cha karibu cha ajira karibu.
Tafutiza mtandaoni: IHireConstruction is is a job website for agriculture maintenance, construction, and repair jobs. You can also look at popular job search websites such as indeed.com na monster.com.
Kujitayarisha kwa kazi au kutafuta ajira
Jifunze jinsi ya kupata kazi na kufanya Hatinafsi kuu.Kupata msaada wa kazi sasa