Filling out the N-400 form is complicated. We always recommend that you get professional legal help to apply for citizenship. We understand that not everyone can get legal help. This page will help you complete the N-400 form if you do not have help.
Websites that can help you with the N-400 form
These websites belong to trusted organizations. They are organizations that exist to help immigrants, penaberên, and asylum seekers.
Citizenshipworks is a free organization like USAHello. You can trust the website and the people who work there. The website will guide you through the application. If you have trouble with the application, Citizenshipworks will connect you to legal professionals near you who help immigrants.
Navenda çavkaniyê binirxîne Legal Penaber (ILRC) has translations for the N-400 in Chinese, Îspanyolî, Hindî, Koreyî, Arabic and other languages. Do not send these translated forms to the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). The translated forms are just to help you fill in the official form. Not: these translations do not show the latest (2019) version of the N400 form, but the questions are the same.
This copy of the N-400 has useful notes to help you fill in your own form. It was prepared by (ILRC) and the California Rural Legal Assistance Foundation. Do not send this version of the form to USCIS. The form with notes is just use help you fill in the official form. Not: these notes do not show the latest (2019) version of the N400 form, but the questions are the same.
Videos that can help you with the N-400 form
Here are two videos that will help you to fill in the form. Not: these videos may not show the latest (2019) version of the N400 form, but the questions are the same.
Video: How to file online
Click on the cc button and then the settings symbol to add subtitles in your language.
Video: How to fill in the N-400 form
This video is 1 ½ hours long! It does not have subtitles but you can use the setting buttons to slow it down and make it easier to understand.
Getting started on the N-400 form
The N-400 form is on the website of USCIS. Va ye, ew official N-400 page in English and here is the official N-400 page in Spanish. You should only download the form from the official English page. Not: the link on the Spanish page has not been updated to the latest version of the N400 form. Only use the form from the English link.
On this website you will also find:
- a checklist and worksheet
- information about requirements
- information about fees
The USCIS suggests that you read A Guide to Naturalization (Form M-476) carefully before filing the form. USCIS says the Form N-400 instructions often refer to information in the guide, and it will help you.
Tips for filling in the N-400 form
- Write clearly and neatly in black ink (if you are filling out the paper application).
- Write or type your name exactly as it appears on your green card.
- If you need to make lots of corrections, start again with a new form instead of crossing out or “whiting” out information.
- Type or print your A-Number (the 7-to-9-digit alien registration number that is on your green card) at the top of every rûpel. If the number has fewer than 9 digits, put enough zeros (0 an 00) to make a total of 9. Bo nimûne, type or print number A1234567 as A001234567 or type or print number A12345678 as A012345678.
- Answer all the questions. Don’t leave boxes blank unless the form say you can. Write or type “N/A,” which means “not applicable,” an “None,” which means zero.
- Always tell the truth on your form, and make sure your answer match any previous forms you filled out. If you are afraid to tell the truth about something on your form, please get advice from lawyer first.
- Sign your application by hand and include all pages when you submit your form, even if they are blank.
- Keep a copy of your application!
Understanding and answering questions about the N-400 form in your interview
During the citizenship interview, the interviewer will ask lots of questions about the information on your N-400. They may ask you the meaning of the question.
If you are filling in your form or have filled in your form without really understanding the questions, you probably want to understand the N400 questions and difficult words on the form. Then you can answer any questions the interviewer asks you about the form.
Agahiyên ku li ser vê rûpelê tê ji USCIS û yên din çavkaniyên ewle. Ev ji bo rênîşandanê ye û wek gelek caran wekî gengaz ve. USAHello nade, şêwirdarîya hiqûqî bidin ne, û ne jî bi tu materyalên me ye, lewma ji bo ku wekî, şêwirdarîya hiqûqî hatin binçavkirin. Eger ku hûn lê digerin ji bo parêzerekî free an kêm-mesref an alîkariya hiqûqî, em dikanin alîkarîya we peyda-low cost free û xizmetên hiqûqî.
Bêtir hîn bibin
- How to bo doza hemwelatîbûnê
- What is the naturalization test intervew?
- Fêm N400 pirsên
- The benefits of US citizenship
Pass test hemwelatiyê xwe!
Free bike class amadekirina welatîbûnêDestpêk çîna niha